Author Question: A nurse is performing an admission assessment for an adolescent girl with an eating disorder who is ... (Read 18 times)

armygirl

A nurse is performing an admission assessment for an adolescent girl with an eating disorder who is being admitted to the psychiatric unit. Which of the following would the client be most likely to tell the nurse?

A) My father was always very thin.
  B) I've never really liked myself.
  C) I have a lot of confidence in myself.
  D) I feel really close to my parents and my brother.

Question 2

A client is supposed to be ambulating ad lib. Instead, he refuses to get out of bed, asks for a bed bath, and makes many demands of the nurses. He also yells that they are lazy and incompetent.

The client's behavior is an example of which of the following defense mechanisms? A) Introjection
  B) Projection
  C) Rationalization
  D) Reaction formation

morrie123456

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B
Feedback: Projection is blaming unacceptable thoughts on others; the client cannot accept the fact that he may be lazy or incompetent to care for himself. Introjection is accepting other persons' attitudes, beliefs, and values as one's own. Rationalization is excusing one's own behavior to avoid guilt, responsibility, conflict, anxiety, or loss of self-concept. Reaction formation is acting the opposite of what one thinks or feels.