Author Question: The goal of the 1963 Community Mental Health Centers Act was to: A) Ensure patients' rights for ... (Read 32 times)

natalie2426

The goal of the 1963 Community Mental Health Centers Act was to:

A) Ensure patients' rights for the mentally ill
  B) Deinstitutionalize state hospitals
  C) Provide funds to build hospitals with psychiatric units
  D) Treat persons with mental illness in a humane fashion

Question 2

George is a 62-year-old man whose 87-year-old father died a week ago. The hospice nurse is making a follow-up visit to determine how George is handling his father's death.

Which of the following statements made by George indicates to the hospice nurse that George is in the acute mourning stage of bereavement?
  A) I keep thinking about my father; I have trouble believing he's dead. I feel guilty because I didn't go to the nursing home to visit him last week
  B) I've been grieving my father; losing him is a tremendous loss, but I have to get on with my life.
  C) My father was a saint. I am so angry at God for taking him away I'm crying all the time; I haven't been able to work for days.
  D) I'm going to spend the weekend with my children; they understand what I've been going through, and I can relax around them.

shoemake

Answer to Question 1

B
Feedback: The 1963 Community Mental Health Centers Act initiated the movement toward treating those with mental illness in a less restrictive environment. This legislation resulted in the shift of clients with mental illness from large state institutions to care based in the community. Answers B, C, and D were not purposes of the 1963 Community Mental Health Centers Act.

Answer to Question 2

C