This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a family whose elderly father with dementia is living in their home. The ... (Read 17 times)

oliviahorn72

The nurse is caring for a family whose elderly father with dementia is living in their home. The nurse has instructed the family about how to decrease the father's agitation.

The nurse determines that the son has understood the nurse's instructions when the son says:
  A) Restraints can help reduce my father's agitation.
  B) I should place my father in the bedroom with me so I can watch him more closely.
  C) It's important that he gets out shopping with me or my wife.
  D) If I simplify our home environment, my father may be less agitated.

Question 2

Mr. Smith has been admitted to the psychiatric unit with a diagnosis of narcolepsy. Which of the following statements made by Mr. Smith would support his diagnosis of narcolepsy?

A) Sometimes when I'm falling asleep, I see and hear things that my wife doesn't.
  B) I often experience brief periods of intense excitement when I am going to sleep and my legs won't hold still.
  C) I lie there and worry all night and it keeps me awake. I just can't relax.
  D) I think my sleep pattern is messed up because I took sleeping pills when I was younger.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ashely1112

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B

oliviahorn72

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

skipfourms123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library