Author Question: The nurse is beginning an assessment interview with Joan, an 8-year-old girl who has been brought in ... (Read 21 times)

jhjkgdfhk

The nurse is beginning an assessment interview with Joan, an 8-year-old girl who has been brought in for counseling by her parents. One of the nurse's initial questions needs to be:

A) How are you feeling?
  B) How old are you?
  C) Why do you think your parents brought you here?
  D) Why do you think I'm talking to you alone without your parents being here?

Question 2

A nurse is readmitting a client with a co-occurring diagnoses of schizophrenia and alcohol abuse who has relapsed. The client says, I'm just a failure. I'll never be anything but just a drunk.

Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?
  A) Relapse is a normal part of recovery; you can learn from this experience so it will be easier to avoid it or a similar one in the future.
  B) Face it, you will always be an alcoholic, and relapse is inevitable because it is part of the illness.
  C) If you didn't have disturbed thoughts from your schizophrenia, you wouldn't be tempted to drink.
  D) Please clarify something for me. When you say, 'just a drunk,' what exactly are you trying to say?

daiying98

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A