This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse in an outpatient clinic is assessing a child, and the nurse will interview the child and the ... (Read 37 times)

Coya19@aol.com

A nurse in an outpatient clinic is assessing a child, and the nurse will interview the child and the child's parents separately. Which of the following comments would the nurse anticipate the child making during the upcoming interview?

A) I can't get along with my parents.
  B) I yell at my parents a lot.
  C) I'm sad a lot and I have trouble sleeping.
  D) I refuse to do what my parents tell me to.

Question 2

A client has a co-occurring diagnosis of alcoholism and bipolar disorder. He was brought to the emergency department by two policemen who had broken up a fight that the client had gotten into in a neighborhood bar.

The client is intrusive and verbose about having diplomatic immunity and his pressing need to tour the bistate area to promote his bid for the presidency. The client has had multiple admissions to the hospital's psychiatric unit, and he has almost always experienced alcohol withdrawal syndrome immediately after his previous admissions. Which of the following would be a priority for this client?
  A) Administering prescribed mood-stabilizing medications to control his delusional thinking because doing so will curtail his desire to drink
  B) Taking baseline vital signs and then monitoring them on an ongoing basis to ascertain if the client is exhibiting early signs of alcohol withdrawal
  C) Suggesting that client refrain from being intrusive and annoying others with his constant chatter about his delusional thinking
  D) Referring the client to an outpatient community substance abuse treatment center because his addiction has to be adequately addressed before his bipolar problems can be effectively treated