Author Question: A nurse is reading an article about a young girl who developed gastrointestinal symptoms from a hair ... (Read 16 times)

tingc95

A nurse is reading an article about a young girl who developed gastrointestinal symptoms from a hair ball because of a ritual that she engaged in. The girl would pull out hair over several hours to relieve tension and anxiety and then eat the hair.

The nurse most likely is reading an article about which of the following?
  A) Kleptomania
  B) Trichotillomania
  C) Pyromania
  D) Intermittent explosive disorder

Question 2

A nurse is interviewing a client who is a survivor of abuse. The client is telling the nurse about how the violence occurred. Which statement would the nurse interpret as reflecting phase 3 of the cycle of violence?

A) He threw me against the wall and started punching my face.
  B) He yells at me for not having dinner waiting for him when he came home.
  C) He calls me stupid and incompetent, asking himself why he ever married me.
  D) He tells me that he is sorry and that he will never hit me again.

mcinincha279

Answer to Question 1

B, C

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library