This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 42-year-old married psychiatric nurse greets a newly admitted adolescent female for the first ... (Read 60 times)

Caiter2013

A 42-year-old married psychiatric nurse greets a newly admitted adolescent female for the first time. The BEST opening statement is:

a. Hello, Annie, I'm Nancy. (intuitively grasps the adolescent's need for female bonding)
  b. Hi, sweetie, don't worry about a thing, I promised your mom I'd take good care of you (encourages hope that the hospital experience will be positive)
  c. Hello, my name is Nancy Potts. You can call me either Nancy' or Mrs. Potts.' What name would you like me to call you? (supports individual identity)
  d. Hey, there, what's your name? (shows respect for client's right to make choices)

Question 2

Which of the following problems is MOST often associated with taking clozapine?

a. constipation
  b. retrolental fibroplasia
  c. agranulocytosis
  d. proliferation of macrophages

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahm14

Answer to Question 1

C
The most appropriate greeting is for the nurse to introduce herself and ask the client how the client would like to be addressed. This greeting supports development of the first stage of the therapeutic nurse-client relationship. During this stage introductions are made and boundaries are identified.

Answer to Question 2

C
Agranulocytosis is a problem associated with taking clozapine. Some clients experience a reduction in their white blood cell count requiring that the medication be discontinued.

Caiter2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library