Author Question: A patient has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Which patient statement about ... (Read 32 times)

penza

A patient has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Which patient statement about concerns should the nurse expect initially?

a. I wish I knew what I did to cause this to happen..
  b. I'm very concerned about becoming a burden to my family..
  c. If that is the case I would like to look into nursing home placement or hospice care right away..
  d. Well, all of us have to die someday. I'll have to see a lawyer about a will, and I'll need you to tell me more about advance directives..

Question 2

The term homeless was first coined by ___________________ _ and ___________________ _.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

sarajane1989

Answer to Question 1

B
Patients and families have concerns immediately after receiving a diagnosis of terminal illness. Concerns frequently include how long people live after diagnosis, emotional effect or inconvenience to family or friends, being a burden, financial concerns, suffering pain or disfigurement, feelings of loss of control, feelings of still having much to do in life, and dying alone.

Answer to Question 2

Robert Hayes, Mitch Snyder
Mitch Snyder, Robert Hayes
Hayes, Snyder
Snyder, Hayes