This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An Arab student new to an elementary school reports, I don't want to go to gym class. It's never ... (Read 25 times)

a0266361136

An Arab student new to an elementary school reports, I don't want to go to gym class. It's never been a good class for me.. Which factor would be of primary concern for a school nurse?

a. The student's family's cultural beliefs regarding females interacting with males in public
  b. Complaints from others of bullying that occurs in gym class
  c. The student's problems adjusting to the new school environment
  d. A concern that the gym class is overcrowded and too competitive

Question 2

A person calls the crisis hotline and says, Nobody can help me now. I just want to say goodbye to somebody before I do it.. The best response to this statement would be:

a. I can help you. Will you let me try?
  b. You're still alive, so you can still get help..
  c. You sound very discouraged. What are you planning to do?
  d. I'll arrange transportation so you can come here and tell me about the problem..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

T4T

Answer to Question 1

B
The child's complaint is vague. Although all the options are possible, the most common reason for a child to be resistant to a particular class relates to past experiences, such as having been a victim of bullying. This would be the most likely, and thus primary, concern. This option is the only one that reflects a safety issue.

Answer to Question 2

C
This reply shows empathy, an important quality in developing a relationship. The reply also begins assessment of risk. It is important to determine whether the patient has a plan, the lethality of the method chosen, and whether the patient has the means to implement the plan.

a0266361136

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library