This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A person who is the primary caregiver for a mother with Alzheimer disease says, Sometimes I hate my ... (Read 39 times)

cookcarl

A person who is the primary caregiver for a mother with Alzheimer disease says, Sometimes I hate my mother for living this long and Dad for dying and not caring for her.. Which response is most therapeutic?

a. What do you do to cope with these negative feelings?
  b. It's fairly common for a caregiver to feel such negative emotions..
  c. Have you ever felt angry enough to be abusive toward your mother?
  d. Please consider discussing these feelings with other members of your family..

Question 2

A nurse is working with a patient to improve self-concept by expanding self-awareness. Which intervention is best?

a. Encouraging the patient to examine feelings related to a stressor
  b. Creating a climate of acceptance toward the patient
  c. Discussing all possible alternatives and solutions
  d. Challenging the patient's faulty beliefs

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

reversalruiz

Answer to Question 1

A
The answer that invites the patient to share feelings and perceptions (thus facilitating emotions) is the most therapeutic communication. The correct response uses exploring, a therapeutic communication technique. The remaining options are either premature or make unsubstantiated assumptions.

Answer to Question 2

B
Encouraging the patient to expand self-awareness is part of nursing interventions at level 1 . Creating a climate of acceptance facilitates this process. The remaining options are directed toward self-exploration, realistic planning, and self-evaluation, not self-awareness.

cookcarl

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library