Author Question: A nurse is participating as a speaker in a public workshop on the topic of promoting mental health ... (Read 24 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A nurse is participating as a speaker in a public workshop on the topic of promoting mental health in young and middle-aged adults.

The nurse tells the audience that age, unemployment, and lower education are risk factors associated with mental illness. A woman raises her hand and asks, Does that mean because I only have a 10th grade education and am unemployed that I will develop a mental illness? Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?
  A) No, not necessarily; it just means that there is an increased chance that you might.
  B) Of course not; we live in a rural area, and these statistics are based on large cities.
  C) Yes, I am afraid so, but with early detection, we can prevent the illness from worsening.
  D) It probably does, but we have developed advanced medications to treat mental illness.

Question 2

The National Comorbidity Survey (NCS) found that depression and panic disorder, and social phobia and a variety of mood disorders, are two types of common diagnostic cluster groups.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

pikon

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

T