Author Question: Which interventions would be provided by an employee assistance program (EAP) when an employee is ... (Read 35 times)

shenderson6

Which interventions would be provided by an employee assistance program (EAP) when an employee is suspected of having an alcohol abuse problem? (Select all that apply.)

a. A consultation with their immediate supervisor
  b. Referral to an alcohol abuse treatment program
  c. Financial help while at an alcohol treatment center
  d. Guarantee that one's job will be held until treatment is successful
  e. Evaluation of the employee's need for a leave of absence from their job

Question 2

A patient calls the community mental health center and shares, For the past 6 months, whenever I even think about leaving my house, my heart pounds, my body shakes, and I cry and feel dizzy. There's no reason for me to feel this way, but I do.

. These symptoms can be assessed as being most consistent with: a. panic disorder with agoraphobia.
  b. obsessive-compulsive disorder.
  c. posttraumatic stress disorder.
  d. generalized anxiety disorder.

janeli1

Answer to Question 1

A, B, E
Comprehensive EAPs have six major components including identification of problems based on job performance, consultation with supervisors, constructive confrontation, evaluation and referral, liaison with treatment providers, and substance abuse expertise. There is no guarantee of employment past a reasonable time period nor financial assistance.

Answer to Question 2

A
The patient has a persistent fear of open places. The extreme physical and emotional reaction is consistent with panic-level anxiety experienced when the feared situation is imminent.