This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following groups of people are MOST likely to seek help initially from a folk healer, ... (Read 24 times)

kodithompson

Which of the following groups of people are MOST likely to seek help initially from a folk healer, herbalist, or curandero, rather than making an appointment to see a physician or nurse practitioner?

a. upper-middle-class Americans
  b. recent immigrants, Native Americans, and Hispanics
  c. people of French, German, and Dutch ancestry
  d. people of English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry

Question 2

A nurse is working with Mrs. Butterfield, who is being treated for depression. Which of the following statements made by Mrs. Butterfield would indicate that her spirituality is intact?

A) My church friends came to visit me this past Sunday afternoon.
  B) Nothing will ever be the same again; my life is not worth living.
  C) I know I am as well off as I can be under the circumstances.
  D) I know God must be punishing me for all my sins.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ambernicolefink

Answer to Question 1

B
Immigrants, Native Americans, and Hispanics may initially seek help from a folk healer because that has been the traditional healing resource in their culture. The folk healer, herbalist, and curandero traditionally took on the role of primary health care provider in these cultures, where physicians and nurses previously were unknown, and even now, may be difficult to access.

Answer to Question 2

C

kodithompson

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

ashely1112

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library