This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A psychiatricmental health nurse is providing care to patients with a mental illness and is ... (Read 192 times)

swpotter12

A psychiatricmental health nurse is providing care to patients with a mental illness and is investigating factors related to the patient safety, delivery of care services, and cost effectiveness.

The nurse is involved with which area of professional performance?
  A) Education
  B) Quality of practice
  C) Resource utilization
  D) Collaboration

Question 2

Mary has come to the clinic to discuss the stress she is experiencing due to failing two exams at school.

Initially, she described her failures as the worst thing that has ever happened to me and she stated, There is absolutely nothing I can do to pass this course now. In response to the nurse's questions the nurse finds out there are three more equally weighted exams scheduled for the course in question. The nurse working with Mary decides to use interventions to facilitate emotion-focused coping. This decision would most probably be based on which additional comment from Mary?
  A) You've got to figure out something for me to do to get me out of this situation
  B) This is a waste of time because absolutely nothing you or I can do will make it any better.
  C) I overreacted; surely together we can figure out something for me to do.
  D) This is the worst thing that could ever happen to meI'm nothing but a failure.