Author Question: A 22-year-old patient with schizophrenia is refusing his antipsychotic medication. He states, I ... (Read 54 times)

rayancarla1

A 22-year-old patient with schizophrenia is refusing his antipsychotic medication. He states, I don't like the dopey way it makes me feel. I feel like I'm walking under water when I take it.

The nurse explains to him, Your schizophrenia is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain, and this medication helps fix that chemical imbalance. You need to take it so your symptoms will get better. This conversation reflects a conflict between which two types of ethical principles?
  A) Autonomy and justice
  B) Paternalism and veracity
  C) Justice and nonmaleficence
  D) Autonomy and beneficence

Question 2

A client visits the clinic and tells the nurse about being under a great deal of stress on the job for the last month. Using Lazarus's model to evaluate the client's stress experience, the nurse should ask the client:

A) What effect is the stress having on your job performance?
  B) How would you describe the social support network within your family?
  C) What is the specific event that you find most stressful?
  D) When did you first become aware of experiencing this stress?

sylvia

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A