Author Question: A fundamental component of family therapy is: (Select all that apply.) a. attendance at all ... (Read 25 times)

nelaaney

A fundamental component of family therapy is: (Select all that apply.)

a. attendance at all sessions by all family members.
  b. agreement on when the therapeutic sessions will terminate.
  c. consensus among all parties regarding the amount of needed therapy.
  d. understanding related to the target behaviors identified for therapeutic change.
  e. willingness on the part of all family members to actively participate in sessions.

Question 2

A patient was the driver of a car that struck and killed a child. The patient tells a nurse, I killed a child I'm haunted by the sight of the body being thrown into the air. If I hadn't been drinking I might have been able to stop.

I don't know how I can go on living with myself The crisis nurse should give priority to assessing the patient's: a. suicidal risk.
  b. physical condition.
  c. recent drug dependency.
  d. current alcohol consumption.

bfulkerson77

Answer to Question 1

A, D, E
It is most important to the success of family therapy, as in all treatments, that there is a clear understanding of the targets for therapeutic change and that all members agree to attend and actively participate in the work of the group.

Answer to Question 2

A
Whenever a patient alludes to the possibility of suicide the nurse should actively explore the topic.