This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An individual considering a self-help group says to a nurse, I might go to the bereavement group ... (Read 42 times)

mydiamond

An individual considering a self-help group says to a nurse, I might go to the bereavement group meeting, but what if I'm required to make changes I don't like? The nurse's most therapeutic response would be:

a. Perhaps you're not quite ready to join a group. Give yourself a few more weeks..
  b. These are natural concerns. Trying something new activates all our insecurities..
  c. Most group members will feel just like you do. They will help you hold your own against aggressive group members..
  d. Self-help groups are designed so that each member has sole responsibility for making changes in his or her own life..

Question 2

After teaching a class of nursing students about the rights of persons receiving mental health services, the instructor determines a need for additional instruction when the students identify which of the following as a right?

A) Freedom from restraints or seclusion
  B) Access to one's own mental health records on request
  C) An individualized written treatment plan
  D) Refuse treatment during an emergency situation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

elizabethrperez

Answer to Question 1

D
This option acknowledges and provides an explanation for the patient's expressed concern.

Answer to Question 2

D

mydiamond

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

6ana001

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library