Author Question: The nurse is leading a therapy session dealing with group guidelines. The nurse is confident that a ... (Read 43 times)

javeds

The nurse is leading a therapy session dealing with group guidelines. The nurse is confident that a chronically late patient is demonstrating a maintenance role when she states:

a. I guess the reason I'm chronically late is that I don't particularly value what we do in here. Who believes that this stuff really works outside this group?
  b. I know that I struggle to be on time, too. Can we agree to try to be on time and that we will start the group session after waiting only 5 minutes?
  c. Although the rules were agreed on by everyone when the group was formed, I believe we should review them now..
  d. I thought we agreed last week that the rule was that everyone needed to be on time if possible..

Question 2

To effectively use the nursing primary prevention model, it is most important for a nurse to have knowledge of:

a. personality types.
  b. psychiatric medications.
  c. normal growth and development.
  d. the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic categories.

duy1981999

Answer to Question 1

B
Maintenance roles include the roles of harmonizer and rule maker.. The correct option reflects both roles. The remaining options demonstrate disharmony or rule breaking.

Answer to Question 2

C
Knowledge of normal growth and development is necessary for assessing a person's functioning and for choosing appropriate preventive nursing interventions.