Author Question: Serotonergic syndrome, a rare interaction between SSRI and MAO inhibitor medications, dictates which ... (Read 14 times)

cdr_15

Serotonergic syndrome, a rare interaction between SSRI and MAO inhibitor medications, dictates which of the following number of days for a washout period before administration of a MAO inhibitor after the person has been on an SSRI?

a. 2 days
  b. 2 weeks
  c. 2 months
  d. 6 weeks

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a patient who is hospitalized for a mental disorder. The nurse is legally obligated to breach the patient's confidentiality if the patient states which of the following?

A) I think that the federal government is spying on me.
  B) I get really 'turned on' by your appearance.
  C) That doctor I had today really made me angry.
  D) When I get out of here, I'm going to kill my neighbor.

dominiqueenicolee

Answer to Question 1

D
Due to risk of serotonergic syndrome, a 6-week washout period is required after a person has taken an SSRI, before he or she can take an MAO inhibitor.

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library