Author Question: What is the best nursing response when a patient asks, What do you know about massage therapy? A ... (Read 28 times)

formula1

What is the best nursing response when a patient asks, What do you know about massage therapy? A friend of mine says it can be more helpful than antidepressants..

a. The research has shown that massage is very beneficial, so this is a good question for you to ask your doctor. Why not bring up the topic with your psychiatrist today during your visit?
  b. While a few research studies indicate that massage will help relieve depression and anxiety, it's effective for only a short time, and no studies have compared massage with medication..
  c. I know very little, because there really is no current research available on the effectiveness of massage. However, many of these new therapies can do damage, so I wouldn't do it..
  d. I know very little, because there are few research findings on the effectiveness of massage. It certainly can't hurt, and it might help, so why not try it?

Question 2

Under which human response pattern would the nursing diagnosis Parental Role Conflict be found?

a. choosing
  b. communicating
  c. perceiving
  d. relating

wshriver

Answer to Question 1

B
The nurse, who is often the professional that the patient sees as a health teacher and caregiver, must keep informed about the most contemporary research findings on all kinds of therapies.

Answer to Question 2

D
Parental Role Conflict would be included under the Role/Relationships human response patterns. Other diagnoses included in this pattern include Caregiver/Role Strain, Family Processes: Alcoholism, and Family Processes.