This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is working with a patient with depression. To best help the patient translate insight into ... (Read 44 times)

BRWH

A nurse is working with a patient with depression. To best help the patient translate insight into action, a major nursing challenge will be to:

a. promote self-care activities.
  b. consult appropriate resources.
  c. build adequate incentives to change.
  d. identify ineffective behavior patterns.

Question 2

A nurse working on the psychiatric unit receives a telephone call from the employer of one of the clients on the unit. The employer asks to be sent a copy of Mr. Murray's latest lab work and psychological testing results so Mr.

Murray's medical records in employee health can be kept up to date. Based on what you know about issues surrounding breach of confidentiality, your best response to the employer's request would be:
  A) I'm sorry; we're not allowed to give out that information about our clients.
  B) I'll have to get the client's signed consent before we can send that information to you.
  C) I am unable to acknowledge whether or not a Mr. Murray is a client on this unit.
  D) Sure, give me your address and I will see that the information is sent to you.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cloudre37

Answer to Question 1

C
Building adequate incentives to change is critical to translating insight into action. The nurse should help the patient see the consequences of each action and help the patient understand that old patterns do more harm than good. The patient will not learn new patterns until the motivation to acquire them is greater than the motivation to retain the old ones.

Answer to Question 2

C

BRWH

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library