Author Question: The nurse caring for women who have been the victim of rape would recognize that which of the ... (Read 19 times)

imowrer

The nurse caring for women who have been the victim of rape would recognize that which of the following is a silent reaction to rape?

a. embarrassment
  b. change in life style
  c. multiple physical symptoms
  d. sudden onset of phobic reactions

Question 2

A nurse working in a walk-in clinic is approached by a person with a history of violent behavior. The person states, I want to go to the hospital for a rest. You better get me in or I'll do something bad. I can get a gun..

An appropriate response from the nurse would be: a. If I get you admitted, will you promise to behave yourself?
  b. You seem very anxious to be hospitalized. What do you think will happen if you aren't hospitalized?
  c. Do you have a gun? I'm not sure I believe you. Are you really threatening to kill yourself or someone else?
  d. Do you really want to go to the hospital? Would you be satisfied if I were able to find you someplace safe to rest?

jlaineee

Answer to Question 1

D
A silent reaction to rape would be the sudden onset of phobic reactions. Other silent reactions include increased anxiety during the interview, no verbalization of the occurrence of rape, abrupt changes in relationships with men, increase in nightmares, and pronounced changes in sexual behavior.

Answer to Question 2

B
The most therapeutic communication is the one in which the nurse assesses the potential for violence by ascertaining the patient's plan, means, and commitment. The remaining options fail to do that satisfactorily.