This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following structures, which has a direct connection to and from the hypothalamus, has ... (Read 31 times)

drink

Which of the following structures, which has a direct connection to and from the hypothalamus, has been found in experiments to be involved in the emotions of fear, apprehension, sexual response, feeding, and sucking behaviors?

a. pons
  b. amygdala
  c. pituitary
  d. medulla oblongata

Question 2

Which statement made by a client who has abused drugs would the nurse evaluate as showing positive progress?

A) I'm ready for discharge.
  B) I don't need to be here with these crazy people.
  C) I only used the pills to be able to sleep.
  D) Taking those pills got out of control. It cost me my job, my marriage, and my children.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LP

Answer to Question 1

B
The amygdala has been found to be involved in emotions related to fear, apprehension, sexual response. It is also to be involved with feeding and sucking behavior.

Answer to Question 2

D

drink

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

dawsa925

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library