Author Question: Which statement accurately reflects the principles of milieu therapy? A) The daily schedule ... (Read 31 times)

jasdeep_brar

Which statement accurately reflects the principles of milieu therapy?

A) The daily schedule allows for plenty of peace and calm to promote healing.
  B) Unit responsibilities are divided equally among all clients.
  C) An autocratic form of government exists, with staff assuming authority.
  D) The individual, family, and community are included in the treatment program.

Question 2

A patient says, The people I work with hate me even though I'm given the hardest assignment. My boss makes it look like I'm doing less than the others.. An appropriate response by the nurse would be:

a. It seems like you're in a very difficult position. No job is worth that kind of stress. Why not change jobs?
  b. You can't have the hardest assignment and yet your co-workers don't see that and hate you. How can you be so sure that you're hated?
  c. I think you should sit down and talk out your feelings with your boss. Perhaps you can come to a more agreeable situation with your co-workers..
  d. Let me see if I understand. Your assignment appears to be easy, but it is really difficult. You feel your co-workers won't see that it's hard, and they'll hate you..

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D
This is a difficult situation. The patient is cognitively distorting the situation. Catastrophizing is thinking the worst about people and events. There may be other distortions, but using cognitive behavioral therapy involves separating issues for the patient to examine.