This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient says, My partner doesn't love me Even the roses I get are the wrong color. It doesn't ... (Read 31 times)

saliriagwu

A patient says, My partner doesn't love me Even the roses I get are the wrong color. It doesn't matter if I am not happy.. The nurse responds:

a. How do you want your partner to show you that you're loved?
  b. When was the last time your partner made you feel really loved?
  c. Everyone deserves to be shown by their partners that they are loved. What did your partner have to say in his defense?
  d. Let me see if I understand you. You think your partner doesn't love you because the gifted roses were of the wrong color?

Question 2

An individual is advised to seek psychiatric hospitalization and agrees to receive treatment and abide by hospital rules. What type of admission is this?

a. Legal
  b. Informal
  c. Voluntary
  d. Involuntary

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Moriaki

Answer to Question 1

D
The patient is demonstrating cognitive distortions by thinking in extremes and magnifying the problem and solution. The most therapeutic communication is the one that seeks clarification. Presenting the patient's statements allows the patient to listen with a third ear and take a view that places the event in perspective.

Answer to Question 2

C
Under voluntary admission, any citizen of lawful age may apply in writing for admission to a public or private psychiatric hospital. The person agrees to receive treatment and abide by hospital rules. Voluntary admission is similar to medical hospitalization.

saliriagwu

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library