This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse working with children that have been sexually abused would recognize 25 of the perpetrators ... (Read 9 times)

kodithompson

A nurse working with children that have been sexually abused would recognize 25 of the perpetrators to be:

a. strangers to the child victims
  b. a birth parent of the child victims
  c. siblings of the child victims
  d. nonparent caregivers of the child victims

Question 2

You are watching and listening to two 4-year-old children playing. You notice that while they are verbally conversing, one child says, I have to go to the store and will be right back.

The second child responds, I really like the pretty dress that Barbie has on. You recognize this as evidence of which of the following stages of cognitive development? a. sensorimotor intelligence
  b. preoperational thoughts
  c. concrete operations
  d. formal operations

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

abctaiwan

Answer to Question 1

B
About a quarter of sexually abused children are abused by a birth parent. Studies have shown that about half of sexual abuse perpetrators were themselves abused by a parent or other caretakers. Nearly all perpetrators of sexual abuse were male.

Answer to Question 2

B
Preoperational thought marks the beginning use of symbols and requires reorganization of thinking. The use of symbols allow make-believe play and development of language.

kodithompson

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ktidd

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library