This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client's disturbance of body image is evidenced by her claims of feeling fat even though she is ... (Read 16 times)

torybrooks

A client's disturbance of body image is evidenced by her claims of feeling fat even though she is emaciated. Which outcome criterion should a nurse assign to the client to address this nursing diagnosis?

A) Consuming adequate calories to sustain normal weight
  B) Ceasing a strenuous exercise program
  C) Perceiving ideal body weight and shape as normal
  D) Demonstrating an absence of preoccupation with food

Question 2

A patient who is prescribed an antidepressant medication says, I've been getting dizzy in the morning when I wake up ever since I started this drug.

Do you think I should stop taking it? Which communication would reflect the most therapeutic nursing intervention on the basis of the patient's problem? a. It's important to change positions slowly and dangle your feet at the side of the bed before getting up..
  b. You'll have to stop driving your car while you're taking your medicine, and napping during the day should help..
  c. This medication does not usually cause dizziness unless it's being taken along with alcohol, wine, or beer..
  d. This should not be happening. Stop taking this medicine, and I'll notify your doctor to prescribe something else..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jesse.fleming

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A
Antidepressant medications can cause orthostatic or postural hypotension, and the nurse will teach the patient the following: lie down, rest as able, and change positions slowly. Dangle at the side of the bed for 30 seconds or so. Operate heavy equipment and drive a car only with caution. Check and record your blood pressure, both sitting and standing, twice each day.

torybrooks

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

sarah_brady415

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library