Author Question: When a patient tells a nurse, I think I'm impotent, which response by the nurse would be most ... (Read 26 times)

When a patient tells a nurse, I think I'm impotent, which response by the nurse would be most therapeutic?

a. That must be very scary for you..
  b. How is your overall health?
  c. What medications are you currently taking?
  d. Please tell me what you mean by impotent.'

Question 2

Asking a patient to give the meaning of the proverb people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones will assist a nurse in assessing the patient's:

a. short-term memory.
  b. orientation to reality.
  c. emotional intelligence.
  d. ability to think abstractly.

shayla

Answer to Question 1

D
Validating terminology is a vital first step. After the nurse understands the patient's complaint, further assessment can take place.

Answer to Question 2

D
Interpreting proverbs gives clues to the patient's ability to move from concrete to abstract thinking by stating meaning in terms symbolic of human behavior or events.