This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The mother of a child with a new diagnosis of an autistic disorder has come to an emergency ... (Read 36 times)

james9437

The mother of a child with a new diagnosis of an autistic disorder has come to an emergency department of a children's hospital after an episode of head banging by her son. She is sobbing as a nurse enters the room.

Upon inquiring, the mother cries, I'm such a terrible mother. What did I do to cause this behavior in my son? Which is the most appropriate nursing response concerning the cause of autism?
  A) Researchers really don't know what causes autism.
  B) Poor parenting doesn't cause autism. Research has shown that abnormalities in brain structure or function that are beyond your control are to blame.
  C) The mother appears to play a greater role in the development of the disorder than the father.
  D) Lack of early infant bonding with the mother may be a cause of autism. Did you breast-feed or bottle-feed?

Question 2

The progression of early onset Alzheimer's disease compared to late onset is:

a. about the same
  b. far slower in early onset
  c. somewhat slower in early onset
  d. much faster in early onset

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

T4T

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D
Early onset Alzheimer's progresses at a much faster rate than late onset Alzheimer's. However, early onset Alzheimer's is fairly rare, occurring in only 10 of all Alzheimer's cases. It is also more likely to follow a single gene inheritance pattern.

james9437

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library