This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse shares with a mentor, When my patient brought up the subject of resuming sexual relations ... (Read 35 times)

Engineer

A nurse shares with a mentor, When my patient brought up the subject of resuming sexual relations after surgery, I felt flustered. While I realized I wasn't letting the patient express concerns, I couldn't stop monopolizing the conversation.

. The nurse describes experiencing the stage of the self-awareness process called: a. anger.
  b. action.
  c. anxiety.
  d. cognitive dissonance.

Question 2

A nurse will perform a mental status examination. The data most pertinent for determining the patient's affective response will be the patient's:

a. judgment and insight.
  b. sensorium and memory.
  c. appearance and thought content.
  d. statements of mood and affect.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

C
In the stage of anxiety, the nurse may exhibit behaviors that hinder the discussion of sexual issues, such as talking too much, failing to listen, and being preoccupied with facts rather than feelings.

Answer to Question 2

D
Mood is the patient's self-report of his or her prevailing emotional/affective state. The remaining options are more related to cognition and thought.

Engineer

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library