Author Question: During the recovery period immediately after electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), a nurse should place ... (Read 26 times)

sc00by25

During the recovery period immediately after electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), a nurse should place the client in which position?

A) Lying on his or her side to prevent aspiration
  B) In high Fowler's position to promote consciousness
  C) In Trendelenburg's position to promote blood flow to the vital organs
  D) Prone to prevent self-harm

Question 2

A client in a psychiatric unit has received a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder. The client says to the nurse, I don't belong in this place with all these loonies.

My doctor must be crazy Which nursing response is most appropriate?
  A) You are here for a psychological evaluation.
  B) I'm sure your doctor has your best interests in mind.
  C) Why do you think you don't belong here?
  D) Just bide your time. You'll be out of here soon.

javimendoza7

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A