This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which best describes the evidence-based model for psychiatric nursing practice? a. Proof that the ... (Read 37 times)

Collmarie

Which best describes the evidence-based model for psychiatric nursing practice?

a. Proof that the psychiatric nurse in a home-care setting really does care for assigned patients
  b. Description of what the psychiatric nurse does including how the nurse adds value to the health care organization
  c. How psychiatric nurses prove to their employers that they do what they are required to do for patient care
  d. The process by which the psychiatric nurse documents nursing care on the psychiatric nursing unit

Question 2

A client gives consent to begin electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for the treatment of severe depression. After receiving two of nine treatments, the client approaches the nurses' station and says, I don't want anymore ECT.

I can't remember what I had for lunch. Tell the doctor I don't want it Which is the most appropriate nursing response?
  A) After you begin the course of treatments, you must complete all of them.
  B) You'll need to talk with your doctor about what you're thinking.
  C) It is within your right to discontinue the treatments at this time, but let's talk about your concerns a little more.
  D) Memory loss is a rare side effect of the treatment. I don't think it is related.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnharpe

Answer to Question 1

B
In the evidence-based model for psychiatric nurses, the practitioners are being asked to describe what they do and how they add value to the health care organization. Their responses should be couched with sensitivity for the issues of effectiveness, cost, and quality.

Answer to Question 2

C

Collmarie

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bassamabas

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library