This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a client of Native American culture. Which intervention is important to ... (Read 75 times)

plus1

A nurse is caring for a client of Native American culture. Which intervention is important to include in this client's plan of care?

A) Limiting family visitation to keep client calm
  B) Contacting a rabbi to confer with the physician
  C) Keeping a clock at the bedside so that the client will be aware of time
  D) Planning healing ceremonies, which may be important to this client

Question 2

An 18-year-old client is rejected after applying to several Ivy League colleges. The client tells the nurse, I guess I'll just have to forget about going to college. I'm just not good enough.

The nurse says, I thought you had received a scholarship to the local university. The client responds, Oh, that doesn't count. The nurse understands that the client's response is an example of which automatic thought or schema?
  A) Magnification
  B) Minimization
  C) Selective abstraction
  D) Catastrophic thinking

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xiazhe

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C

plus1

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

cdmart10

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library