This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An individual is brought to the emergency room after family reports that the patient awoke confused ... (Read 56 times)

drink

An individual is brought to the emergency room after family reports that the patient awoke confused and began rambling and talking crazy about 3 hours ago.

The patient strikes out at the staff and shouts, You're not going to kill me The most likely analysis of this behavior is: a. disturbed self-esteem related to catastrophic reaction.
  b. disturbed sensory perception related to altered brain function.
  c. other-directed violence related to fear associated with hospitalization.
  d. impaired environmental interpretational syndrome related to metabolic disturbance.

Question 2

A patient states, Sometimes I hear voices when no one else is in the room telling me that people are plotting to hurt me.. This patient is experiencing impairment of which criterion of mental health?

a. Autonomy
  b. Integration
  c. Reality perception
  d. Environmental mastery

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

iman

Answer to Question 1

B
Defining characteristics of sensory-perceptual alteration are present. For impaired environmental interpretational syndrome to be diagnosed, the confused state must have been present for 3 to 6 months. There is no reported history of a catastrophic event while the presence of the other assessment data makes fear associated with hospitalization a less likely reason for striking out at staff.

Answer to Question 2

C
Reality perception is the individual's ability to test assumptions about the world with empirical thought. Hallucinations and delusions indicate problems with reality perception.

drink

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

irishcancer18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library