This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse prepares to interview a client from a different culture. When thinking critically about the ... (Read 9 times)

Lisaclaire

A nurse prepares to interview a client from a different culture. When thinking critically about the interview, which questions should the nurse consider? Select all that apply.

A) How close should I sit to the client?
  B) Who, in addition to the client, may I expect to be present during the interview?
  C) How might I adjust my communication pattern to accommodate this client?
  D) Should I take off my crucifix before the interview so that I don't offend the client?

Question 2

A patient with a personality disorder has shared with staff that family members have acted cruelly while at the same time telling the family about receiving indifferent care from staff members.

This behavior is identified as the patient's attempt to: a. learn how much acting out will be tolerated by the unit's staff.
  b. align family and staff to maximize efforts for patient behavioral change.
  c. seek a structured, therapeutic environment while internal controls are being developed.
  d. create family-staff conflict, thus diverting focus from the patient's need for self-examination.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C

Answer to Question 2

D
The behavior described is an example of manipulation. The goal of such behavior is to create conflict in the hope that while family and staff are fighting among themselves, no one will focus on or place pressure on the patient to change maladaptive social responses.

Lisaclaire

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library