This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Before the community meeting, a patient with antisocial personality disorder was overheard coaching ... (Read 21 times)

Garrulous

Before the community meeting, a patient with antisocial personality disorder was overheard coaching other patients to strongly object to the no smoking policy.

Which response would be most characteristic of this patient when approached by staff members who wish to discuss the behavior? a. I knew they'd mess this up. I've learned to speak for myself in the future..
  b. Hey, it's not my fault. They object to you people running this place like a jail..
  c. I think the patients and staff should talk about the rules and negotiate some changes..
  d. I've learned something valuable from this. We'll talk about this in my therapy session..

Question 2

A young adult has been receiving treatment for an anxiety disorder. Which statement by the patient confirms that the nurse and patient are most likely entering the terminal phase of the therapeutic relationship?

a. My anxiety seems to be a result of having so much to get done..
  b. I don't know whether I'll be able to handle things alone..
  c. I can't seem to be able to manage going to school and working..
  d. I need to find a way that can help me manage my anxiety..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bigcheese9

Answer to Question 1

B
Patients with antisocial personality disorder usually do not accept responsibility for their actions. They are unable to problem solve constructively, and they are unlikely to voluntarily seek help with changing their behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

B
Establishing the reality of separation is difficult for both the nurse and patient. Patients often respond to impending termination with increased anxiety; they may experience negative feelings associated with earlier terminations, and they may regress to previous, less adaptive behaviors in the hope of postponing termination. The expression of the cause of the anxiety is reflective of the working phase while a general statement of the problem is appropriate for the introduction phase. Expressing a need for help is seen in the preinteraction phase.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library