This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a female high school student with depression and anxiety who has begun cutting ... (Read 31 times)

tichca

A nurse is caring for a female high school student with depression and anxiety who has begun cutting herself. The client started cutting when she was not selected to be on the homecoming court.

The client states, I guess I wasn't good enough to be chosen. I need to change my hair. I look so ugly Which statement from the psychoanalytic framework would best explain this client's personality?
  A) Excessive psychic energy, stored in the id, has led to impulsive, self-mutilating behaviors.
  B) Excessive psychic energy, stored in the superego, has resulted in rigid, self-depreciating behaviors.
  C) Insufficient psychic energy, stored in the id, has resulted in decreased fulfillment of basic needs.
  D) Insufficient psychic energy, stored in the superego, has resulted in failure to abide by societal norms.

Question 2

A business executive is admitted to a hospital after a suicide attempt. The client reports, I'm such a failure. I cannot keep my business on track.

I have lost so much business this year To be successful in my line of work, you've got to be the best. The client's siblings are interviewed by a nurse and reveal that the client was severely punished by the client's father when he did not perform to expectations. When prompted, the client replies, I've never thought about that connection. I can definitely see where I got my perfectionist tendencies. According to psychoanalytic theory, this memory is most likely stored in which part of the consciousness?
  A) Conscience
  B) Conscious
  C) Preconscious
  D) Unconscious