This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a psychoeducational group on assertiveness training, a client admits that he is too ... (Read 47 times)

MGLQZ

During a psychoeducational group on assertiveness training, a client admits that he is too aggressive. The client asks for suggestions on what he can do to change. The nurse suggests I statements. The client gives her a puzzled look .

Can you give me an example? he asks. Which is the appropriate nursing response?
  A) I would like to know why you came home late without calling me.
  B) I hate it when you think you can just come home late without calling anyone to let them know where you are.
  C) I feel angry when you come home late without calling.
  D) I think you don't care about me, because if you did, you'd call me if you were planning on coming home late.

Question 2

During a psychoeducational group on assertiveness training, a client admits that he is too aggressive. The client asks for suggestions on what he can do to change. The nurse suggests I statements. The client looks at her with puzzlement.

Which nursing response describes the purpose of an I statement?
  A) A means of communicating an opinion without directly accusing or blaming another
  B) A means to displace anger into a more indirect form
  C) A means of attributing responsibility for one's behavior onto another
  D) A means of promoting eye contact

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tkempin

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

MGLQZ

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library