This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a client who questions how mental health and mental illness are defined. Which ... (Read 89 times)

leo leo

A nurse is caring for a client who questions how mental health and mental illness are defined. Which words should the nurse use to describe the concepts of mental health and mental illness?

A) Rigid and existential
  B) Multidimensional and culturally defined
  C) Universal and unchanging
  D) Unidimensional and fixed

Question 2

A nurse is teaching a client deep breathing exercises. The client asks, Why do I need to make that funny shape with my lips when I breathe out? What is the most appropriate nursing response?

A) You can actually exhale anyway you like; the lip shape is not important.
  B) Pursed lip breathing helps you control the exhalation and helps to keep your airways open as long as possible.
  C) Don't worry about that the lip shape; concentrate instead on the pace of your breathing.
  D) The shape of the lip decreases the cough reflex.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lindahyatt42

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

leo leo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library