Author Question: Paul has a diagnosis of major depression. He is becoming increasingly more anxious and stating ... (Read 15 times)

abc

Paul has a diagnosis of major depression. He is becoming increasingly more anxious and stating inability to rest and sleep. You observe him being very short with other patients and visitors. You realize that Paul: (SELECT ALL ANSWERS THAT APPLY)

A) Is reacting normally to being in the hospital
  B) Is at heightened risk for suicide
  C) Needs to be in the locked unit
  D) Needs one on one staff assistance
  E) Needs medication to promote sleep
  F) Needs to be instructed about respecting other patients and visitors

Question 2

Which of the following statements is an example of the nurse showing empathy?

A) I'm sorry to hear that your mother passed away. My own mother died last year and I still remember how bad I felt.
  B) Having your boyfriend dump you is hard, but into each life a little rain must fall.
  C) I'll bet that moving far away from home has really been difficult. You must feel pretty disoriented, right?
  D) Losing a job you loved must be a painful experience. I'd like to know what your feelings are right now.

wilsonbho

Answer to Question 1

B, D

Answer to Question 2

D