This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mr. Unsure is a 73-year-old man who is brought to the agency for treatment of second-degree burns. ... (Read 9 times)

biggirl4568

Mr. Unsure is a 73-year-old man who is brought to the agency for treatment of second-degree burns. He answers questions clearly, but his daughter says, Don't listen to him. He is confused and incompetent.

I'm sure he has Alzheimer's disease, and I'm trying to get him committed. I will make medical decisions for him. The LPN/LVN caring for Mr. Unsure should:
  A) Respect the rights of Mr. Unsure until he is legally determined to be incompetent
  B) Tell Mr. Unsure that his daughter said he is incompetent
  C) Alert the staff that Mr. Unsure's daughter is going to cause trouble
  D) Call Mr. Unsure's son to see what he thinks about the situation

Question 2

A suicidal patient has been transferred to your unit from the medical floor and asks you why he or she has to be watched every minute. I have a right to my privacy; I'm an adult and can come and go as I please.

The best response to this patient is:
  A) Why do you think you are being watched?
  B) We are concerned that you might attempt to seriously hurt yourself.
  C) It shouldn't bother you if you have nothing to hide from us.
  D) This is a direct order from your doctor.