Author Question: Of the following patient statements, which do nurses recognize as the highest risk for a patient to ... (Read 18 times)

awywial

Of the following patient statements, which do nurses recognize as the highest risk for a patient to commit suicide?

A) I've been saving my pain medications for when I really need them. Now that my spouse has left me, and right before the Holidays, I think I really need them.
  B) I told my boss if he fires me, I'll kill myself.
  C) Nobody appreciates the work I do. They'd miss me if I just killed myself and was gone one day.
  D) I really admire people who have enough nerve to kill themselves. I'm not that brave yet.

Question 2

George is a patient who has Alzheimer's disease. Three weeks after his admission, George's family asks you, How long will it be before he is well again? Your best response to them is:

A) Soon. The doctor is trying new medications.
  B) There is no way to know that.
  C) What do you mean by 'better?'
  D) He will continue to get progressively worse.

tsternbergh47

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

D