Author Question: The nurse knows when communicating with a suicidal client to do which of the following? Select all ... (Read 44 times)

asd123

The nurse knows when communicating with a suicidal client to do which of the following? Select all that apply.

A) Communicate with one another
  B) Communicate with hospital staff
  C) Contract with the client
  D) Work with other families
  E) Never lecture about the negative consequences of suicide

Question 2

A client who has experienced domestic violence in the past has decided to stop participating in counseling. Which of the following statements shows that the client has benefited from therapy?

A) Everyone knows what my problems are, and there is nothing I can do about it.
  B) It is so draining to deal with the same painful issues all the time.
  C) I am functioning okay now, but I know that problems will come up again. When they do I will ask for
  help.
  D) My friends tell me that I have improved a great deal, so this is a good time to stop therapy.

alvinum

Answer to Question 1

C, E

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library