Author Question: The nurse is assessing a client for risk of suicide. As part of the cognitive assessment, the nurse ... (Read 80 times)

sheilaspns

The nurse is assessing a client for risk of suicide. As part of the cognitive assessment, the nurse would ask the client about:

A) Being able to see how people react to the client's death.
  B) Feelings of failure or shame.
  C) Recent catastrophic events in the client's life.
  D) Recent accidents the client was involved in.

Question 2

A person who was seriously hurt in a mugging has been experiencing flashbacks. Which statements indicate that the individual has a good understanding of how to manage the flashbacks? Select all that apply.

A) I try to imagine a safe place.
  B) I try to imagine a safety 'container.'
  C) I name one thing I can see in the room, one thing I can hear, one thing I can sense in my body.
  D) I breathe fast to get rid of negative, intrusive thoughts.
  E) I try to relive the incident to feel stronger.

Jayson

Answer to Question 1

A,

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C