This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 24-year-old male client presents at the mental health clinic telling the nurse, I just can't seem ... (Read 41 times)

jilianpiloj

A 24-year-old male client presents at the mental health clinic telling the nurse, I just can't seem to maintain any interpersonal relationships. On assessment, the nurse notes that the client's social skills appear inadequate.

The client is subsequently diagnosed with bulimia nervosa. Knowing what you do about this disease process, why would the inadequate social skills and interpersonal relationship problems occur in this patient?
  A) Because of the client's need to control
  B) Because of the client's lying and hidden behaviors
  C) Because of the client's obsession with the weight
  D) Because of the client's binging and purging behaviors

Question 2

A 12-year-old boy is diagnosed with bulimia nervosa. When providing client education to the parents of the client, the nurse points out that what is common in clients afflicted with bulimia nervosa?

A) Inpatient hospital treatment
  B) Physical ailments related to extreme weight loss
  C) Substance abuse
  D) Aggression and violence

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

frogdreck123456

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

jilianpiloj

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library