Author Question: A patient comes to the clinic to see the Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. The patient states, I ... (Read 24 times)

washai

A patient comes to the clinic to see the Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. The patient states, I seem to be miserable and upset all the time. My marriage is crumbling because my wife refuses to understand how I feel.

What does the nurse practitioner understand about the factors contributing to the patient's stress?
  A) Internal situations often make us miserable and upset
  B) External situations often make us miserable and upset
  C) We choose to make ourselves miserable and upset
  D) We choose to live with chronic stress

Question 2

A staff educator is discussing stress and its impact on a disease process, whether it is physical or mental. What would be the best statement about stress that the educator could give?

A) Stress can be prostress or distress.
  B) Stress can never enhance the feeling of well-being.
  C) Stress can be either physically or emotionally exhausting, but not both.
  D) Distress is actually harmful to one's health.

Mochi

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D