This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 22-year-old beginning treatment with methylphenidate (Concerta) for adult ADHD tells the nurse I ... (Read 35 times)

vinney12

A 22-year-old beginning treatment with methylphenidate (Concerta) for adult ADHD tells the nurse
  I have been stupid ever since I was a kid. I was wild and never sat still. I drove the teachers nuts.
  My parents could not do anything with me.

I hung out with the losers when I was a teen because
  they were the only ones who would accept me. Now, I cannot please my wife or keep a decent job.
  Everyone gets all bent out of shape because I cannot remember dates and times and I cannot seem to
  concentrate to get jobs done.. The nurse planning care for the client should initially consider
  a. cognitive therapy to help address internalized beliefs.
  b. group therapy to allow comparison of feelings with others.
  c. marriage counseling to sustain interpersonal relationships.
  d. vocational counseling to identify needed occupational skills.

Question 2

The intake data for an 11-year-old child notes the probability of Asperger syndrome. The nurse will
  expect to assess

a. absence of verbal language.
  b. presence of tics and twitching.
  c. severe developmental delays.
  d. limited social skills and empathy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hramirez205

Answer to Question 1

A
Cognitive therapy and knowledge of ADHD will make it possible for the client to reframe the past
and the present in a more positive and realistic light and to challenge internalized false beliefs about
himself. Option B: Group therapy may be valuable at a later time to allow testing new coping
behaviors in a safe environment. Option C: Marriage counseling can be used to strengthen newly
reframed thinking and help replace blaming, anger, and frustration with commitment to change.
Option D: Vocational counseling can help the client explore suitable career options as he pursues
treatment.

Answer to Question 2

D
Most children with Asperger's syndrome manifest poor social skills and problems empathizing with
others as their major behavioral symptoms. Option A: Verbal skills are rarely impaired. Option B:
Tics and twitching are more often a part of the clinical picture of Tourette's syndrome. Option C:
Severe developmental delays are part of the clinical picture of autism rather than Asperger's
syndrome.

vinney12

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library