This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client brought to the emergency department after an automobile accident tells the nurse that she ... (Read 47 times)

fnuegbu

A client brought to the emergency department after an automobile accident tells the nurse that she
  attended a cocktail party and consumed four drinks over the last hour.

Her blood alcohol level is 150
  mg/dL (0.15 mg) and she describes herself as tipsy.. What conclusion can the nurse draw?
  a. The client is intoxicated.
  b. The client has a problem of alcohol dependence.
  c. The client's blood alcohol is in the dangerous-to-life range.
  d. Insufficient data are present to draw any conclusion.

Question 2

Which remark would the nurse expect to hear during the mature stage of group therapy?

a. How do I know you people will not tell others what I say?
  b. I am uncomfortable because two people seem to have more power in this group
  than the rest of us..
  c. If we are all going to benefit, we have to make sure that everyone gets a chance
  to share feelings..
  d. Telling you about that problem has made me feel better. I appreciate the support
  and suggestions..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kthug

Answer to Question 1

A
The client's blood alcohol level indicates she is intoxicated. Because her behavior and the blood
alcohol level correspond, one can assume the client does not have a high tolerance to alcohol. Option
B is not a conclusion that can be drawn. Option C is not a true statement. The blood alcohol level for
coma and death is 0.40 to 0.50 mg. Option D is incorrect. A conclusion can be drawn.

Answer to Question 2

D
In the mature stage members actively participate to help each individual to accomplish goals. Option
A, an issue of confidentiality, would be heard during the initial stage. Option B, an issue of power,
would be heard during the working stage. Option C is an issue of norming and would be seen in the
initial stage.

fnuegbu

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

mohan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library