This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: To which question should the answer yes from an elderly client prompt the nurse to include the ... (Read 13 times)

chads108

To which question should the answer yes from an elderly client prompt the nurse to include the
  Geriatric Depression Scale as part of the assessment?

a. Would you say your mood is often low?
  b. Do you often experience moderate to severe pain?
  c. Have you noticed an increase in your alcohol use?
  d. Are you having any trouble with your memory?

Question 2

During group therapy, a client states When I first started in this group, B wasn't able to make a
  decision. Now she can. She has made a lot of progress. I am beginning to think that maybe I can
  conquer my fears, too..

According to Yalom, this statement reflects
  a. hope.
  b. altruism.
  c. catharsis.
  d. cohesiveness.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mollythedog

Answer to Question 1

A
Feeling low may be a symptom of depression. Low moods occurring with regularity should signal
the need to further assess for other symptoms of depression. The other options do not focus on
mood.

Answer to Question 2

A
The client's profession that he may be able to learn to cope more effectively reflects hope. Groups
can instill hope in individuals who are demoralized or pessimistic. Option B: Altruism refers to
unselfish regard for others. Option C: Catharsis refers to expression of strong emotion. Option D:
Cohesion refers to coming together and togetherness.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

alvinum

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library