This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the members of the inpatient therapy group that he hears voices saying his doctor is ... (Read 19 times)

newbem

A client tells the members of the inpatient therapy group that he hears voices saying his doctor is
  going to poison him. He continues I look around to see who is talking to me, and I cannot see
  anybody..

Another client replies I used to hear voices, too. I found out they were my imagination.
  The voices you hear are not real, either.. Which phenomenon common to groups is exemplified in
  this interchange?
  a. Ventilation
  b. Universality
  c. Catharsis
  d. Symptom management

Question 2

A newly admitted client required seclusion immediately on entering the inpatient unit. Assessment
  had not been completed and no medical orders had been written.

Immediately after secluding the
  client the priority action of the nurse should be to
  a. provide an opportunity for the client to go to the bathroom.
  b. notify the physician and obtain a seclusion order.
  c. notify the hospital risk manager.
  d. debrief staff.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

allisonblackmore

Answer to Question 1

D
Symptom management can be taught by peers by helping the individual validate his or her
perception of reality. Additionally, group members can help each other manage symptoms by
monitoring each member's reactions and behaviors and providing feedback in an open and
nonthreatening manner. Option A: Ventilation refers to expressing feelings. Option B: Universality
refers to members realizing they are not alone with their problems and feelings. Option C: Catharsis
refers to sharing intense feelings.

Answer to Question 2

B
Emergency seclusion can be effected by a credentialed nurse but must be followed by securing a
medical order within a period of time specified by the state and the agency. The other options are not
immediately necessary from a legal standpoint.

newbem

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

zacnyjessica

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library